Google Maps has a few quirky little features that can personalize your experience if you know where to find them. For instance, you can change the navigation icon to a car, SUV, or truck. Here’s how.
The default Google Maps navigation icon is the familiar triangle with an inverted base that you see on many navigation systems. That icon actually comes from the Asteroids game. You can change this icon to more closely match your mode of transportation.
First, open the Google Maps app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device and then select a location for navigation. Tap “Directions.”
Next, select the “Start” button to begin the turn-by-turn navigation.
Now, simply tap the icon representing your location on the map.
You’ll now see a few vehicle icons to choose from as well as the traditional triangle. Select one of the icons to proceed.
That’s it! You’ll now see the vehicle in place of the triangle icon when navigating.
RELATED: How to Change Your Home Address on Google Maps
- › How to Save Your Favorite Places in Google Maps
- › 10 Google Maps Features You Should Be Using
- › How to Start Google Maps in Satellite View
- › How to Use Google Maps Street View in Split Screen on Android
- › Fix: “Message Has Not Been Downloaded From the Server” on iPhone
- › How to Know If Someone Restricted You on Instagram
- › How to Enable Dark Mode in Real Life
- › Bing Chat AI Now Has Better Search and Higher Limits