Google Maps has a few quirky little features that can personalize your experience if you know where to find them. For instance, you can change the navigation icon to a car, SUV, or truck. Here’s how.
The default Google Maps navigation icon is the familiar triangle with an inverted base that you see on many navigation systems. That icon actually comes from the Asteroids game. You can change this icon to more closely match your mode of transportation.
Next, select the “Start” button to begin the turn-by-turn navigation.
Now, simply tap the icon representing your location on the map.
You’ll now see a few vehicle icons to choose from as well as the traditional triangle. Select one of the icons to proceed.
That’s it! You’ll now see the vehicle in place of the triangle icon when navigating.
- › How to Use Google Maps Street View in Split Screen on Android
- › 10 Google Maps Features You Should Be Using
- › How to Save Your Favorite Places in Google Maps
- › How to Start Google Maps in Satellite View
- › System76’s New Open-Source Hardware Keyboard Is Massive
- › Google Is Finally Making Chrome Use Less RAM
- › How to Block Websites on Android
- › Bring Home Crisp Audio With Kanto YU2 Desk Speakers for $80 Off