Google Maps has a few quirky little features that can personalize your experience if you know where to find them. For instance, you can change the navigation icon to a car, SUV, or truck. Here’s how.
The default Google Maps navigation icon is the familiar triangle with an inverted base that you see on many navigation systems. That icon actually comes from the Asteroids game. You can change this icon to more closely match your mode of transportation.
Next, select the “Start” button to begin the turn-by-turn navigation.
Now, simply tap the icon representing your location on the map.
You’ll now see a few vehicle icons to choose from as well as the traditional triangle. Select one of the icons to proceed.
That’s it! You’ll now see the vehicle in place of the triangle icon when navigating.
- › How to Use Google Maps Street View in Split Screen on Android
- › How to Start Google Maps in Satellite View
- › How to Save Your Favorite Places in Google Maps
- › Do You Still Need a VPN for Public Wi-Fi?
- › No, iPhones Aren’t More Expensive Than Android Phones
- › How to Speed Up a Slow iPhone
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos