Starting with iOS 14, iPhones now support Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode. By default, when you switch from playing a full-screen video in a supported media app, it will continue playing in the corner of the screen. If you find this annoying, you can easily turn it off.
To do so, tap “Settings.”
Tap General > Picture in Picture.
In the “Picture in Picture” settings, toggle-Off the “Start PiP Automatically” option to disable it.
Now, the next time you return to the Home screen while playing a video, Picture-in-Picture won’t pop-up automatically. To manually open Picture-in-Picture (if the app you’re using supports it), just tap the Picture-in-Picture button.
- › How Much Does It Cost to Recharge a Battery?
- › How Far Can an Electric Car Go on One Charge?
- › “Atari Was Very, Very Hard” Nolan Bushnell on Atari, 50 Years Later
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out