There was a dark time in Apple’s history when you couldn’t change the default web browser on your iPhone or iPad. You were stuck with Safari. Thankfully, this time has passed. Here’s how to make Google Chrome the default browser on your iPhone and iPad.
You can change the default browser in the “Settings” app. First, though, make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of Chrome from the App Store.
Next, tap and open “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad.
Scroll down to the “Chrome” section and tap it.
Here, tap “Default Browser App.”
Next, tap “Chrome.”
That’s all there is to it! Chrome is now the default browser on your iPhone or iPad. From now on, any link you tap will instantly open in the Chrome app.
The only time you’ll still see Safari is if an app uses the in-app Safari browser. Even in those cases, though, you can just tap the Browser icon to reopen that page in Chrome.
If you ever want to switch back to Safari or any other browser, just head back to the “Default Browser App” section in the “Chrome” or “Safari” settings.
Now, try another feature that wasn’t allowed in the dark times: Home screen widgets!
- › How to Transfer Chrome Tabs Between iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- › How to Change Your Default Browser on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Set Gmail as the Default Email App on Your iPhone
- › Want to Browse the Web on Your Apple Watch? Now You Can!
- › How to Quickly Scan QR Codes on iPhone From the Control Center
- › 10 Hidden Gestures for Google Chrome on iPhone
- › How Does Your Snap Score Work (and How to Increase It)
- › How to Block Subreddits on Reddit