Apple’s AirDrop is a handy way to transfer files between Macs, iPhones, and iPads. By default, it usually sits in the Favorites sidebar in Finder on macOS, but it can easily be removed by dragging it away. Luckily, it’s easy to add it to Favorites again if you accidentally misplaced it.
First, click the desktop to bring Finder into focus. Click “Finder” in the menu bar, and then select “Preferences” from the menu.
In “Finder Preferences,” click the “Sidebar” tab.
In the “Show These Items in the Sidebar” section, select the checkbox next to “AirDrop.”
Now, when you open a new “Finder” window, AirDrop should be restored to the “Favorites” section of the sidebar.
To move AirDrop and other entries up or down in the Favorites list, just drag and drop them where you want them.
- › 10 Hidden Mac Features You Should Be Using
- › Why Are People Scared of Phone Calls These Days?
- › 25 Gifts for the Android User in Your Life
- › This Is Why the New iPad Uses the Old Apple Pencil
- › The Best Portable Speakers of 2022
- › Would You Watch a Movie Generated by AI? You Might Have To
- › What Are the Pros and Cons of LED Christmas Lights?