Zoom’s keyboard shortcuts allow you to quickly manage your meetings, change the layout, or toggle parts of the interface on and off with just a few key presses. These hotkeys can turn you into a Zoom expert!
How to View and Customize Hotkeys in Zoom
Zoom has useful keyboard shortcuts on its desktop client, all of which you can change from the Settings menu.
On a Windows PC or a Mac, just click the Settings cog in the top-right to edit the hotkeys. On Linux, click your profile icon to access the Settings menu. Next, click “Keyboard Shortcuts” to explore the current hotkey setup for your machine. You can do this during a meeting, as well.
Click any shortcut to edit it. Press the keys to which you want to assign a command, and it will automatically change. You can press multiple keys, such as Alt+Shift+9, or a single one, like 9.
To disable a keyboard shortcut, click it, press Del to empty it, and then press Enter. Zoom will remove the keyboard shortcut associated with that action.
If you want to use Zoom shortcuts while you’re in another window without activating the hotkeys for that program, click the checkbox next to the “Enable Global Shortcut” option next to that hotkey. At any point, you can click “Restore Defaults” to return all hotkeys to their original settings.
Default Hotkeys for Zoom on Windows
Here’s a cheat sheet of the default hotkeys for Zoom on Windows:
- Switch Zoom windows: F6
- Go to meeting controls: Ctrl+Alt+Shift
- Go to previous video stream in Gallery: Page Up
- Go to next video stream in Gallery: Page Down
- Go to Invite menu: Alt+I
- Go to next tab (right): Ctrl+Tab
- Go to previous tab (left): Ctrl+Shift+Tab
- Go to previous chat: Ctrl+Up
- Go to next chat: Ctrl+Down
- Jump to chat: Ctrl+T
- Close current chat: Ctrl+W
- Toggle full screen On/Off: Alt+F
- Toggle “Always Show Meeting Control Toolbar” On/Off: Alt
- Toggle In-Meeting chat panel: Alt+H
- Toggle Participants panel: Alt+U
- Switch to Active Speaker view: Alt+F1
- Switch to Gallery video view: Alt+F2
- Close front window: Alt+F4
- Toggle video On/Off: Alt+V
- Toggle audio On/Off: Alt+A
- Toggle audio On/Off for all except host: Alt+M
- Toggle Screen Share On/Off: Alt+Shift+S (only works when the meeting control toolbar is onscreen).
- Stop current Screen Share and launch a new one: Alt+S (only works when the meeting control toolbar is onscreen).
- Pause/Resume Screen Share: Alt+T (only works when the meeting control toolbar is onscreen).
- Switch camera: Alt+N
- Toggle floating meeting controls: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H
- Raise/Lower hand: Alt+Y
- Start remote control: Alt+Shift+R
- Stop remote control: Alt+Shift+G
- Start/Stop local recording: Alt+R
- Start/Stop cloud recording: Alt+C
- Pause/Resume recording: Alt+P
- Take a screenshot: Alt+Shift+T
- Search: Ctrl+F
Default Hotkeys for Zoom on Mac
If you’re using Zoom on macOS, you can use all the following hotkeys:
- Join or schedule a meeting: Cmd+J
- Start a meeting: Cmd+Ctrl+V
- Share screen via Direct Share: Cmd+Ctrl+S
- Toggle Active Speaker and Gallery views: Cmd+Shift+W
- Go to Invite menu: Cmd+I
- Go to previous video stream in Gallery: Ctrl+P
- Go to next video stream in Gallery: Ctrl+N
- Toggle Participants panel On/Off: Cmd+U
- Toggle In-Meeting Chat panel On/Off: Cmd+Shift+H
- Toggle full screen On/Off: Cmd+Shift+F
- Toggle meeting controls On/Off: Ctrl+Opt+Cmd+H
- Toggle “Always Show Meeting Control Toolbar” On/Off: Ctrl+\
- Switch to minimized window: Cmd+Shift+M
- Toggle audio On/Off: Cmd+Shift+A
- Toggle video On/Off: Cmd+Shift+V
- Toggle Portrait/Landscape views: Cmd+L
- Toggle Screen Share On/Off: Cmd+Shift+S
- Pause/Resume Screen Share: Cmd+Shift T
- Switch camera: Cmd+Shift+N
- Switch tab: Ctrl+T
- Mute audio for all except host: Cmd+Ctrl+M
- Unmute audio for all except host: Cmd+Ctrl+U
- Push to talk: Space
- Raise/lower hand: Opt+Y
- Gain remote control: Ctrl+Shift+R
- Stop remote control: Ctrl+Shift+G
- End/Leave meeting or close current window: Cmd+W
- Take screenshot: Cmd+T
- Start local recording: Cmd+Shift+R
- Start cloud recording: Cmd+Shift+C
- Pause/resume recording: Cmd+Shift+P
Zoom Default Hotkeys on iPad with a Keyboard
If you have a keyboard for your iPad, you can use the following shortcuts:
- Toggle audio On/Off: Command+Shift+A
- Toggle video On/Off: Command+Shift+V
- Toggle chat On/Off: Command+Shift+H
- Toggle Manage Participants panel: Command+U
- Minimize meeting: Command+Shift+M
- Close front window: Command+W
Unfortunately, you can’t edit Zoom keyboard shortcuts on iPad.
You can easily create your own cheat sheet from the categories above.
In a Zoom meeting, you can always open the “Settings” window and click “Keyboard Shortcuts” to see the complete list. You can also check the official Zoom Hotkey support page for more details.
- › How to Change Your Name on Zoom
- › How to Mute Yourself on a Zoom Call
- › This Huge Curved Ultrawide Monitor From LG Is $337 Today
- › How to Screen Record on iPhone
- › How to Add Text to a Cell With a Formula in Excel
- › How to Change Your Age on TikTok
- › You Need an “Idea Bucket”
- › PSA: You Can Email Books and Documents to Your Kindle