Discord automatically shows your friends the games you’re playing. If a game uses Discord’s Rich Presence feature, your friends can even see where you are in-game. Here’s how you can deactivate this feature and increase your privacy while gaming.
Open the Settings menu in Discord by clicking the cog in the bottom left next to your name and avatar.
Navigate to the “Game Activity” tab on the left. Deactivate the “Display Currently Running Game As A Status Message” toggle, and Discord will stop sharing your gaming activity.
You can now close the Settings screen.
You can always enable this setting again using these same steps if you want Discord to show others what you’re playing, metadata about the state of your game, or even what you’re listening to in Spotify.
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?