Sometimes it feels like you never have enough free disk space. Every app you install takes up valuable room on your main drive, and you might eventually run out. Here’s how to check how much you have left.
Open File Explorer. To do so quickly, press Windows+E. Or click the folder icon in your taskbar if File Explorer is pinned there. You’ll also find File Explorer in your Start menu.
Click “This PC” in the left column.
Under “Devices and Drives,” you’ll see your main system volume (C:) and any other drives in the computer. Windows shows the amount of free disk space on the drive directly below the drive’s name.
In general, Windows needs at least a few gigabytes of free storage space to perform optimally. For example, it uses this to cache important programs and virtual memory to disk, which speeds up the operation of Windows.
- › How to Quickly Scroll Through Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Play Android 11’s Hidden Easter Egg Game
- › How to Move a Window to Another Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
- › How to Replicate the iOS 14 App Library on Android
- › What’s the Deal with Google Home and Nest? Is There a Difference?