Sometimes it feels like you never have enough free disk space. Every app you install takes up valuable room on your main drive, and you might eventually run out. Here’s how to check how much you have left.
Open File Explorer. To do so quickly, press Windows+E. Or click the folder icon in your taskbar if File Explorer is pinned there. You’ll also find File Explorer in your Start menu.
Click “This PC” in the left column.
Under “Devices and Drives,” you’ll see your main system volume (C:) and any other drives in the computer. Windows shows the amount of free disk space on the drive directly below the drive’s name.
In general, Windows needs at least a few gigabytes of free storage space to perform optimally. For example, it uses this to cache important programs and virtual memory to disk, which speeds up the operation of Windows.
- › How to Hold Anonymous Polls and Q&A Sessions in Google Meet
- › Steam Is Changing the Schedule for Its Yearly Sales
- › “UnstableFusion” Makes AI Art Easy on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- › How to Know If Your AirPods Are Charging
- › Say Goodbye to SwiftKey Keyboard on iPhone and iPad
- › Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements Have New AI Tools