Windows 10 is packed with convenient keyboard shortcuts. One especially handy shortcut lets you open File Explorer in an instant from any application. This trick dates back to Windows 95, and it still works on Windows 10 today.
If you’d like to open File Explorer with a keyboard shortcut, press Windows+E, and an Explorer window will pop up.
From there you can manage your files as usual.
To open up another Explorer window, press Windows+E again, or press Ctrl+N if Explorer is already open. To close an Explorer window with a keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl+W.
If you’re interested in learning more, explore the many other Windows keyboard shortcuts available.
- › How to Stream UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal Live Online
- › How to Customize Automatic Updates on iPhone and iPad
- › Can You Move Windows 10’s Notification Pop-ups?
- › CPUs Decoded: Understanding Intel’s Microarchitecture Names
- › How to Scan a File or Folder for Malware with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10