When you swipe up or down in the middle of a Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra’s display, it opens the app drawer. Fortunately, there’s a setting that allows you to open the notification panel with a downward swipe so you don’t have to reach the top of the screen.
To enable this, open the Settings menu. The easiest way is to swipe down from the top of the display to expose the notification panel. Tap the Gear icon next to the power button. This is the last time you’ll have to swipe down from the top edge of the Galaxy S20.
Alternatively, you can swipe up from the handset’s home page to open the app drawer. Either use the Search bar at the top of the window or swipe between pages until you locate the “Settings” app.
Next, tap “Display.”
Scroll halfway down and tap “Home Screen.”
Select the toggle next to the “Swipe Down for Notification Panel” option. Ensure that the icon is blue.
Now, head back to the Samsung Galaxy S20’s home screen and try the new gesture. You should be able to swipe down anywhere on the display and quickly bring down the notification panel.
- › How to Quickly Scroll Through Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Play Android 11’s Hidden Easter Egg Game
- › How to Move a Window to Another Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
- › How to Replicate the iOS 14 App Library on Android
- › What’s the Deal with Google Home and Nest? Is There a Difference?