One of the flagship features on the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra is its 120Hz display, but handsets ship with the setting disabled. Here’s how you can easily turn it on from the settings menu.
One thing to note is that all three handsets ship with the displays set to 1440p (WQHD+) with a 60Hz refresh rate. When you enable the 120Hz setting, the Galaxy S20 automatically drops down to 1080p (FHD+).
Start by jumping into the Galaxy S20’s Settings menu. The easiest way to do this is by swiping down from the top of the screen to pull down the notification shade and then swiping down again. Here, select the Gear icon.
Alternatively, you can swipe up from the Home screen to open the app drawer. From here, you can either swipe between panels and then tap on the “Settings” icon or use the search bar at the top of the screen to locate the app.
Next, scroll down and select the “Display” option.
The Display menu is where you can enable Dark mode, enable a blue light filter, and even change the phone’s font size and style. You’ll want to scroll down a bit and then tap on the “Motion smoothness” button.
Tip: The fine text below the menu item gives you a quick peek at what your Galaxy’s refresh rate is currently set at.
Your handset will demonstrate the extra smoothness that comes with enabling the 120Hz display. Be warned that turning on the feature will likely decrease your daily battery life by 20 to 30 percent.
To adjust your Galaxy S20 screen’s refresh rate, tap on the “High Refresh Rate (120 Hz)” option. Confirm that setting change by selecting the “Apply” button.
- › How to Remove Samsung Daily From the Galaxy S20 Home Screen
- › How to Power Off or Restart Your Samsung Galaxy S20
- › Samsung Galaxy S20: How to Sort the App Drawer in Alphabetical Order
- › Samsung Galaxy S20: Change the Side Button to a Power Button
- › Samsung Galaxy S20: How to Change Your Screen Resolution
- › Samsung Galaxy S20: How to Completely Disable Bixby
- › Samsung Galaxy S20: The Fastest Way to Access Notifications
- › ExpressVPN Review: An Easy-to-Use and Secure VPN for Most People