Chrome’s standard zoom setting is easy to change, allowing you to quickly tell your browser how to shrink or enlarge different websites. You can also set a default font size to help create a more pleasant browsing experience.
How to Set a Default Zoom Level for All Websites in Chrome
Click the three vertical dots in the top right of your Chrome browser. In this drop-down menu, click “Settings.”
Scroll down to the “Appearance” section. Open the “Page Zoom” drop-down menu and select the zoom setting that’s best for you. You can also adjust Chrome’s default font size in the drop-down menu just above Page Zoom. This will apply across all websites you visit in Chrome unless you’ve already set a specific zoom level for that site using the steps below.
How to Set a Default Zoom Level for One Website in Chrome
Click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of Chrome. In this drop-down menu, click the Minus (-) or Plus (+) icons to zoom out or in, respectively.
You can also use these handy keyboard shortcuts to quickly set a default zoom for a website. Press Ctrl on Windows and Cmd on Mac while performing any of the following:
- Scroll in or out with your mouse.
- Press the Minus (-) or Plus (+) key.
- Press zero to reset the zoom level to 100 percent.
How to Manage Zoom Settings in Chrome
Click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of Chrome and then select “Settings.” Click “Advanced” and then select the “Privacy and Security” option.
Scroll down and click “Site Settings.”
Now, locate the “Zoom Levels” option. In this menu, you can view the custom zoom levels you’ve set for any given website. Click the “X” icon to delete this setting. Currently, Chrome doesn’t allow you to set the zoom levels here.
Whether you have a hard time reading small text, want to avoid eye strain, or need to fit a wide website into a small screen, these tips should help you achieve a healthier and more efficient browsing experience.
- › How to Zoom In on a Windows PC
- › New York Will Ban Gas Car Sales, Following California’s Lead
- › How to Add Footnotes in Google Docs
- › What Is a Depth Camera on a Phone, and Does It Matter?
- › How to Block Someone on Instagram
- › USB’s Confusing Names and Numbers Are Being Simplified
- › Drone Keeps Food Warm by Crashing Into Powerlines and Catching Fire