What Is Twitch Prime?
Twitch Prime is a premium service you can get with Amazon Prime and Prime Video memberships. Twitch Prime gives you one free channel subscription and access to free games every month, exclusive in-game content, and much more.
Here’s everything that comes with a subscription:
- Free games, in-game items, and more: Get free access games, in-game loot, booster packs, skins, and more each month.
- Loot gifting: You can gift three copies of in-game items to your Twitch friends.
- One free Twitch channel subscription per month: You can use it on partner or affiliate channels.
- Prime-exclusive chat extras: You’ll get a members-only Prime chat badge next to your name, exclusive emoticons, and custom chat color options.
- Extended broadcast storage: Save previous broadcasts on Twitch for up to 60 days, rather than the standard 14 days.
Twitch Prime is included with Amazon Prime in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Japan, Singapore, the Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Brazil, the U.K., and Australia.
Twitch Prime is included with Prime Video in over 200 other countries and territories.
How to Subscribe to Twitch Prime
Twitch Prime is included with an Amazon Prime account but isn’t automatically activated. If you already use Twitch, you just have to link Twitch to your Prime account. It only takes a few steps to start claiming your free games and in-game items.
To get started, open your browser, go to Twitch Prime, and click “Sign In.”
Type your Amazon Prime email and password, and then click “Sign In.”
After the page refreshes, click “Link Twitch Account” to set up your Twitch Prime membership.
Click “Link Accounts” to continue.
Once they’re linked, you return to the main Twitch Prime loot page. Here, you see the following three sections of free content that are regularly updated:
- In-game loot and more: Available to Twitch Prime members only, these exclusive items include cosmetic skins, player packs, weapons, boosters, and so on.
- Starter packs: These contain things like weapons, skins, game credits, and more, to give you an edge on the competition when you start a new game.
- Games with Prime: A collection of free PC games is released every month. While you won’t regularly see AAA titles here, there are some really great indie games you can check out. And, why not? They’re free!
Now that you’ve got your accounts linked, let’s start claiming all those free games and in-game items!
How to Claim In-Game Items and Starter Packs
After you link your accounts, most of the in-game items and starter packs will appear the next time you launch the game.
Fire up your browser and head over to the Twitch Prime loot page. To claim an in-game item, click the icon for the title you want to obtain.
A list of compatible platforms will appear on the next page. As long as your system supports it, carry on.
You might have to sign in again to continue.
Read through the permissions. When you’re ready, click “Authorize” to grant Twitch Prime Loot access to your account.
The loot page for the game reloads; click “Claim Now.”
Click “Link Accounts to Use Loot” to redirect and link the accounts.
After you link your account with Twitch, you’re redirected back to this page, and your loot will be marked “Claimed.”
Sometimes, to claim in-game items, you won’t have to link an external account to Twitch. Rather, you’ll just click “Get Code” under the game.
When the code appears, you click “Copy” to copy it to your clipboard. Type it in the “Redeem Code” box to redeem your offer.
How to Claim Free Games
Games with Prime is a hand-picked selection of free games you get each month. They’re only available for a limited time, and once they’re gone, they’re gone. So, make sure you check back each month for a fresh group of titles.
After you claim a game, it’s added to your “Library” and available to you as long as you have an Amazon Prime account. You don’t have to install a game until you’re ready to play it. This means you can stockpile all the free games so you don’t miss out on anything.
To claim a free game, open your browser and go to the Twitch Prime loot page. Scroll down to the “Games with Prime” section and click “Claim” under every game you want to add to your library.
The Twitch Desktop app is essentially everything from the website wrapped up in an application. It’s full of all the features you’d expect from a streaming platform.
However, if you just want to play your free games, the Amazon Games app will do just fine. It’s a bare-bones game launcher without any of the excess Twitch features.
Install Games with the Amazon Games App
If you want to play your games on the Amazon Games app, open your browser and head to the Twitch Prime loot page. Click “Download and Play” under a game to download the Amazon Games app.
Click “Download the Amazon Games App (Windows)” to download the installation file.
When the download completes, install the app, and then sign in with your credentials. The app will load and display the current month’s Games with Prime selections.
To see a full list of the games in your library, click the “Library” tab at the top of the app.
You’ll see a list of every game you’ve claimed through the Twitch Prime program. When you find one you want to play, click “Install.”
Choose where you want to save the game on your computer, and then click “Proceed.”
The game will install. When it’s complete, click “Play” to launch it.
To uninstall a game, simply right-click on it, and then click “Uninstall.”
Install Games with the Twitch Desktop App
The Twitch app is almost identical to the Games app when it comes to installing and launching a game you get through Twitch Prime. If you’re running macOS, already have the Twitch Desktop app, or want to take advantage of its other features, here’s how to install a game with the Desktop app.
Go to the Twitch downloads page and choose the version for the platform you use.
When the download finishes, install the app, and then sign in with your credentials.
After the app opens and loads, click “Games.” Hover your mouse over the game you want to install, and then click “Install.”
Choose where you want to save the game on your computer, and then click “Install.”
After the game is downloaded, hover your mouse over it, and then click the Play icon when it appears.
If you want to uninstall a game, click the three dots next to its title, and then select “Uninstall” in the menu that appears.
Your Amazon Prime membership allows you to cash in on lots of bonus games and in-game items! All you have to do is link it to your Twitch account.
- › How to Download the Amazon Games App for Twitch Prime Games
- › I Don’t Know Who Any of These People Are, and It’s Great
- › How to Change Your Hotspot Name on iPhone and Android
- › What Is HTTP?
- › Delete Duplicate Photos and Videos on iPhone Without an App
- › How to Make Custom iPhone Wallpapers (No App Required)
- › The U.S. Is Behind on Mobile Payments, But We’re Catching Up