VMware includes the ability to copy and paste to and from your virtual machine window. To enable this, you will need to install the VMware tools inside your virtual machine.
Once your VMware tools are installed, you will want to launch the vmware toolbox utility, which must be running if you want copy and paste to work.
Go to your command line, and run the following command:
> vmware-toolbox &
When you see this window pop up, you should be able to copy and paste
I usually just send the window to another desktop so it doesn’t interfere with what I’m doing. Now you can copy and paste!
Tested on: Ubuntu Dapper, Ubuntu Edgy Eft
- › The AirPods Pro Has New Competition: The OnePlus Buds Pro 2
- › Microsoft Edge Is Getting AI Chat and a New Look on Windows
- › The Best Earbuds for iPhone Fans Just Hit Their Lowest Price
- › The OnePlus 11 Is Here, but With a Rough Start
- › Microsoft Is Transforming Bing Into an AI Search Engine
- › How to Block or Unblock Someone on TikTok