I like to have the quickest access possible to folders on my desktop, which usually means putting something onto the taskbar if possible. You can add the Computer menu as a folder on the taskbar for the easiest access to your drives. You could also use this tip for any folder you want.
To add a folder to the taskbar, just right-click on the taskbar and choose the Toolbars menu, and then click on New Toolbar.
Just find the folder that you want… in this instance we’ll select the Computer icon and then click on Select Folder.
Now you can see the Computer folder right there on the taskbar. If you click the little arrows it will pop up and let you browse through all your drives.
I always add the Desktop to the toolbar as well.
The same thing works on Windows 7 as well.
- › 175 Windows 7 Tweaks, Tips, and How-To Articles
- › The 20 Best Windows Tweaks that Still Work in Windows 7
- › The Best Articles for Tweaking and Customizing Windows 7
- › The 20 Best Windows 7 Start Menu and Taskbar Tips and Tricks
- › Is Your Phone Listening to You?
- › How to Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- › Dimmable LED Bulbs Keep Burning Out? Do This
- › How to Turn Off Track Changes in Word