We don’t do a whole lot of book reviews around here, but after buying this book and reading it, there was no way I could keep from sharing it with you, the geeky readers. Even if you don’t cook, you definitely eat, and you’re a geek, right? Read on!
I’ll admit, I’ve got a not-so-secret passion for food and everything else food-related, so when I found a book that explained how it all works “under the hood”, explained it all from a geeky angle, and then gives you hacks to help save time—it was a done deal.
The photo of the book is from my coffee table, in case you’re wondering whether this review is genuine. Notice the lousy photography work. =)
First: this book is not a cookbook! There might be some recipes in there, but that’s not the focus of the book. If you want to understand why medium-rare steak is so popular, how to calibrate your oven using sugar, or what happens if you cook a pizza at 1000 degrees.
And let’s not forget how to make ice cream in 30 seconds… check out this video:
It’s a great book, definitely worth checking out.
- › Intel’s Arc A750 Graphics Card Has a New Lower Price
- › Windows 11 Is Adding Even More Widgets
- › Work and Play Anywhere With the ROG G14 Laptop, Now $400 Off
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000X3D Pricing Looks Really, Really Good
- › Windows 10’s Bad Upgrade Prompts Are Back for Windows 11
- › Samsung Made a Music Video for the Galaxy S23’s Ringtone