Firefox has a spooky feature called “Prefetching” that downloads pages that it thinks you are going to click on. (note: this is a good excuse for how those pages ended up in your history). It’s also a waste of CPU and bandwidth that slows Firefox down.
To turn off this behavior, type about:config into the address bar, and then type the following into the Filter bar:
Just double-click the item in the list to change it to false.
- › How to Make Desktop Icons Smaller on Windows 10 or Windows 11
- › Apple WWDC 2023: How to Watch and What to Expect
- › What’s New in Fedora 38
- › Microsoft 365 vs. Office 2021: What’s the Difference?
- › Microsoft PowerPoint on the Web Has a New Video Feature
- › Save Big on Online Privacy Protection, Samsung Tablets, & More