Windows Vista includes an extremely useful utility called Mobility Center, designed for laptop users to give you lightning quick access to all functions that a mobile user would need.
Open Mobility Center
Use the hotkey Win+X to quickly launch mobility center. You could also find it in the Start menu.
Windows Mobility Center Features
Mobility Center gives you access to features relevant to laptop users. This is a quick overview.
|Display Brightness||By default Windows Vista dims the screen when on battery mode. You can easily adjust the brightness here.|
|Volume||You can easily change the volume or mute it entirely.|
|Battery||Change the current power management scheme.|
|Network Center||Quickly turn wireless networks on/off.|
|External Display||Change your external display settings. Just click the Connect display button to choose how you want the display.|
|Screen Rotation||If you have a Tablet PC, you can change the rotation of the screen quickly.|
|Sync settings||Sync offline folders or devices quickly.|
|Presentation Settings||Connect to a projector easily.|
You can use the tab key to navigate through the items, or use the quick access hotkeys. For instance:
|Mute Volume||Win+X then Alt+M|
|Change Volume||Win+X then 4 Tabs then right/left arrow keys|
|Change Brightness||Win+X then Tab then right/left arrow keys|
Enjoy your mobile computing experience!
- › How to Choose Whether Your Function Keys Are F1-F12 Keys or Special Keys
- › How to Adjust Your PC’s Screen Brightness, Manually and Automatically
- › How to Stop Your PS4 From Overheating
- › Apple’s New Mac Studio and Mac Pro Are Here
- › Standby Will Turn Your iPhone Into a Smart Display
- › Get Samsung’s Legendary ‘Beans’ Earbuds for $55.99 ($94 Off)
- › Contact Posters Are Coming to Your iPhone
- › Your iPhone Will Let You Swap Numbers With AirDrop