Virtualization has become an incredibly powerful and flexible way to deploy environments. So much in fact that Microsoft has integrated the ability to attach virtual hard drive (VHD) files as physical disks in the Windows Disk Management tool. This process is easy enough to do manually but if you attach VHD files often then we have a solution which enables you to mount and unmount VHD files with a single click.
Simply add our Mount VHD and Unmount VHD scripts to your Send To menu.
Now whenever you right click on a VHD file, go to the Send To > Mount VHD command. Note: This action will require administrator rights, you may receive a UAC elevated permission prompt.
After the script has run, the VHD is available in Disk Managment and Windows Explorer and can be accessed just like a physical disk.
When you are finished using the VHD, simply unmount it by right clicking on the VHD file and going Send To > Unmount VHD.
@ECHO OFF TITLE Mount VHD ECHO Mount VHD ECHO Written by: Jason Faulkner ECHO SysadminGeek.com ECHO. ECHO. SETLOCAL SET DiskPartScript="%TEMP%DiskpartScript.txt" ECHO SELECT VDISK FILE="%~1" > %DiskPartScript% ECHO ATTACH VDISK >> %DiskPartScript% DiskPart /s %DiskPartScript% ENDLOCAL
@ECHO OFF TITLE Unmount VHD ECHO Unmount VHD ECHO Written by: Jason Faulkner ECHO SysadminGeek.com ECHO. ECHO. SETLOCAL SET DiskPartScript="%TEMP%DiskpartScript.txt" ECHO SELECT VDISK FILE="%~1" > %DiskPartScript% ECHO DETACH VDISK >> %DiskPartScript% DiskPart /s %DiskPartScript% ENDLOCAL
Download VHD Mount/Unmount Scripts from SysadminGeek.com
- › The Best Articles for Backing Up and Syncing Your Data
- › The Best Articles for Learning How to Virtualize Operating Systems
- › How to Mount an ISO image in Windows 7, 8, and 10
- › Google Chrome Now Has More Password Manager Features
- › How to RMA Your Steam Deck
- › Can You View Instagram Stories Without an Account?
- › How to Watch UFC 289 Nunes vs. Aldana Live Online
- › Bing Chat on the Web Now Supports Voice Input