Ubuntu has an option for adding a Trash Can icon to the desktop, which might be a comfort for those of you migrating from Windows.
Just type gconf-editor into the Alt+F2 run dialog to open the Gnome Configuration Editor.
Now browse down to the following key:
apps \ nautilus \ desktop
On the right hand side, you’ll see an entry called trash_icon_visible. Just check the box. You can also change the trash_icon_name if you’d like.
And there’s the icon.
- › Which Browser Offers the Best Privacy Protection?
- › Clean Without Compromise and Save on the Roborock S7 Max Ultra
- › Dark Mode Is Coming to Windows Paint
- › Jam Outdoors With This Harman Portable Speaker, Now $199.99
- › The Meta Quest 2 Is Returning to Its Original Price
- › The Meta Quest 3 Will Have a 2x GPU Boost and a Price Hike