Sometimes you want to print only a specific selection of cells on a worksheet. But when you print in Microsoft Excel, all data on a worksheet is printed by default. This article will show two ways to print a selected range.
Printing a Specific Selection of Cells in Microsoft Excel
This first option is the quickest method to print a selected range of cells.
Select and highlight the range of cells you want to print.
Next, click File > Print or press Ctrl+P to view the print settings.
Click the list arrow for the print area settings and then select the “Print Selection” option.
The preview will now show only the selected area. Click “Print” to finish the process.
Setting the Print Area in Microsoft Excel
If you print the selected area frequently, you can set the selected range as the print area. This option will save you from needing to select the range each time you print.
Select the range of cells you want to set as the print area. Next, click Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area.
The print area is now set.
The next time you print (File > Print or press Ctrl+P), this area will be printed by default.
To remove a print area, click Page Layout > Print Area > Clear Print Area.
RELATED: Why Do You Need Formulas and Functions?
- › How to Print a Sheet on One Page in Microsoft Excel
- › How to Set the Print Area in Microsoft Excel
- › How to Print a Spreadsheet or Workbook in Google Sheets
- › How to Insert and Customize a Signature Line in Microsoft Excel
- › How to Remove Dotted Lines in Microsoft Excel
- › How to Insert, Edit, or Remove Page Breaks in Microsoft Excel
- › Fix: “Message Has Not Been Downloaded From the Server” on iPhone
- › How to Enable Dark Mode in Real Life