Should you need to see which version of Chrome OS your Chromebook is running, you can view it and a bunch of other detailed information about the OS in the Settings app. Here’s how to find it.
After you sign in to your account, click on the clock in the bottom right to open the system tray and notification panel. From there, click on the Settings cog.
Next, click the hamburger menu icon and then click on “About Chrome OS” at the bottom of the menu.
This is where you can see the current version of Chrome OS you’re running. If your system isn’t updated, here is where you update your Chromebook.
RELATED: How to Update Your Chromebook
If you want to view more details about the version of Chrome OS you’re using, click the “Detailed Build Information” button.
Here, you can view even more about Chrome OS, such as the platform, firmware, the channel—and how to change it—among other geeky information.
There you go. When you’re done, simply close the window to return to the desktop.
- › How to See Your Chromebook’s End-of-Life Date
- › How Far Can an Electric Car Go on One Charge?
- › These Gadgets Banish Mosquitos
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › PrivadoVPN Review: Disrupting the Market?
- › “Atari Was Very, Very Hard” Nolan Bushnell on Atari, 50 Years Later
- › How Much Does It Cost to Recharge a Battery?