Android has supported swipe keyboards for over half a decade. Now, at long last, Apple is bringing swipe typing to the iPhone’s keyboard with iOS 13. The feature is enabled by default, so if you don’t like it, here’s how to disable slide to type.
Disable Swipe Typing on iPhone
Begin by opening the “Settings” app. If you can’t find it, use the iPhone’s Spotlight search to locate the app.
Next, scroll down and select “General.”
Tap on “Keyboard.”
Toggle off “Slide to Type” to disable the swipe keyboard. Select the toggle again to turn the feature back on.
Disable Slide-To-Type By Word
The one customization feature that Apple offers iPhone users is the ability to turn off the “Delete Slide-to-Type by Word” option. With this on, if you were to hit the back button, the last word that was”swiped,” would be deleted.
You can disable the feature but retain the swipe keyboard by going to Settings > General > Keyboard. From there, toggle off “Delete Slide-to-Type by Word.”
- › Microsoft Teams Wants to Replace Your Group Chats
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › Slash 30% Off Acronis’ Robust Backup and Cybersecurity Tool
- › Save a Cool $20 on Apple’s Latest AirPods Pro Headphones Now
- › Frustrated with Sluggish Windows Performance? Audit Your Startup Programs Now