Most iPhones share a similar design, so it’s not always easy to tell which model you own. This information is essential when shopping for accessories like cases or asking Apple for technical support. Here’s how you can find which smartphone is in your pocket.
To get started, launch the “Settings” application. If you can’t find the app, from the homescreen, swipe down on the phone’s display and use Spotlight to search for “Settings.”
Next, scroll down and tap on the “General” option.
Third, select “About” from the top of the list.
Now that you’re on the About screen, you can see the “Model Name” and “Model Number” of your iPhone.
The Model Name of your iPhone is all you should need to know when buying cases and other accessories specifically designed for your handset. The Model Number is information that only Apple might need.
- › How to Force Quit Apps on an iPhone or iPad
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › Wi-Fi 7: What Is It, and How Fast Will It Be?
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website