Some newer pieces of gym equipment include the ability to connect to your Apple Watch to sync data automatically. If you don’t want this pairing process to happen automatically, you can disable the gym equipment detection on your iPhone. Here’s how.
Open the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
In the main menu, tap on the “Workout” option, located halfway down the list.
Scroll down to the bottom of the list and toggle off “Detect Gym Equipment.”
If you ever want to revert the setting, you can jump back into the “Workout” menu and toggle “Detect Gym Equipment” back on.
And that’s it. Your Apple Watch will no longer automatically detect and connect to GymKit-compatible gym equipment.
If you still want to sync data from smart gym equipment to your Apple Watch, you can even with the automatic detection feature turned off. All you have to do is open the Workout app on your watch and then hold the watch near the device.
- › Microsoft Now Sells Tiny Hoodies for Cold Xbox Controllers
- › How to Add Travel Time to a Google Calendar Event
- › How to Add or Remove a Secondary Axis in an Excel Chart
- › Google Chrome Has a New Search Sidebar: Here’s How to Use It
- › You Can Now Get Proton Calendar on Your iPhone
- › What is File Versioning, and Do You Need It?