UFC returns to Las Vegas tonight, July 6 as Jon Jones, the light heavyweight champion, faces off against Thiago Santos. Here’s how to watch.
How to Watch the Fight Live in the United States
UFC 239 is exclusive to ESPN+, ESPN’s streaming service, in the United States, so the only way to watch the fight live is online. For that, you’ll have to sign up for ESPN+ and then purchase the fight as a pay-per-view event.
Coverage of the main fight card begins at 10:00 PM Eastern Time (US), with the early prelims beginning at 6:15 pm EST and the prelims starting at 8:00 pm.
ESPN+ typically runs $4.99 per month, though you can sign up for a free seven-day trial. To watch UFC 239 live, you’ll need to pony up an additional $60.
At this time, there’s no way to watch the fight live over cable TV or through any other streaming service.
How to Watch the Fight with a Six-Hour Delay Outside the United States
If you’re outside the United States, you can purchase the fight through ufc.tv, though you’ll have to watch it six hours after the fight airs.
The pay-per-view price will vary depending on your locations. In some regions, such as the Philippines, you can watch the fight for as little as $17 US.
Having Issues Bypassing Geographic Restrictions? Use a VPN
Whether you’re traveling from your home country or live in a place that has ridiculous restrictions on what’s available, the solution to bypassing restrictions is always to use a VPN, which will make it appear as if you are coming from a different location. Our VPN picks are these:
ExpressVPN: This VPN choice is incredibly fast, easy to use, and has very user-friendly clients for every platform. Here’s how to watch the fight:
- Download Express VPN.
- Connect to a server located in the U.S if you want to use ESPN+ or to a server located where UFC TV is available if you’re going to watch that way.
- Head to ESPN+ or UFC.TV (depending on which you chose) and purchase the fight. You will need to supply a valid ZIP code.
StrongVPN: This VPN isn’t quite as user-friendly, but is very fast and tends to be useful for bypassing restrictions because it’s not quite as well known.
In general, the way to bypass restrictions is to switch the VPN server to another country that has access to the website you’re trying to view. If it’s still blocked, try a different server. Both of the choices offer free trials, so you won’t have to pay for something that doesn’t work for you.
- › Don’t Have the Google Discover Feed on Your Android Phone? Tap the “G” Logo
- › How to Enable Offline Translation in Apple’s Translate App on iPhone
- › How to Block a Website in Mozilla Firefox
- › How to Change Where New Apps Are Placed on iPhone
- › Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S: Which Should You Buy?