Are you an experienced writer who’s comfortable with all kinds of tech? Interested in a full-time job working from home?
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a developmental technical content editor to work with a group of freelance writers. Someone who can mentor other writers and shepherd articles from assignment through the idea generation and draft phases. You’d be assigning articles, helping writers find the right angle, helping flesh out outlines, reviewing the drafts of those articles, and guiding writers through the revisions you need.
While this is an editorial position, you won’t be responsible for copy editing the article, so you don’t need to be particularly experienced with line editing or proofreading. Instead, you’ll be working a bit earlier in the process and looking at whether the articles are accurate, well-organized, match what was actually assigned, and answers any questions they raise.
We’re really looking for a geek’s geek. You should have experience working with and writing about various platforms (Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone), applications (Microsoft Office, Chrome, etc.), and be able to keep up with new developments on those technologies.
- Demonstrable experience writing on various technologies
- Practical experience working with major operating systems (desktop and mobile) and applications, as well as a solid grasp of general technology
- Ability to dive into new technology subjects and learn them quickly
- Ability to work one-on-one with writers on shaping their articles, serving as part subject matter expert and part writing mentor
- Experience working in WordPress preferable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of SEO principles is a plus
- Assign articles to writers from a list we maintain
- Generate new article ideas based on your own experience
- Field writer pitches for article ideas
- Help writers decide on the best angle for articles
- Shape outlines and article approaches
- Review drafts and return them with notes to writers if necessary
About the Job
- Full-time, salaried positions are eligible for benefits, including:
- Paid holidays
- Annual sick and vacation leave
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short and long term disability
- Remote work. You will be working from home and should have your own computer with reliable Internet access
- Must be legally allowed to work in the US, based in the US, and available to work during normal business hours
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply to this job, head over to our job posting on ZipRecruiter and hit the big green “Apply Now” button.
- › The Origins of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+Z Explained
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000 Series Are the First 5nm Desktop CPUs Ever
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements
- › What’s New in Chrome 102, Arriving Today
- › Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy on the Eyes, Not the Fingertips
- › What Do “FR” and “FRFR” Mean?