You can now download a preview version of the new Windows Terminal app from the Store on Windows 10! Microsoft released this application on the evening of June 21 after a listing showed up earlier that day.
After downloading the Windows Terminal app from the Store, you can take advantage of all the new features—including tabs, finally! You can combine tabs from the traditional Command Prompt, Linux Bash instances, and PowerShell in the same window. It’s a deeply customizable environment, too. Here’s how Microsoft describes it:
The Windows Terminal is the new, powerful, open source terminal application that was announced at Build 2019. Its main features include multiple tabs, Unicode and UTF-8 character support, a GPU accelerated text rendering engine, and custom themes, styles, and configurations.
For more information about this awesome new application, read Microsoft’s blog post announcing the release. We look forward to playing with it a lot more in the days to come.
Microsoft says you need “Windows 10 version 18362” to use the application. That’s the build number associated with the May 2019 Update, so you’ll need either that or a Windows Insider build installed.
- › How to Customize the New Windows Terminal App
- › The New Windows Terminal Is Ready; Here’s Why It’s Amazing
- › Microsoft Will Update Notepad Through Windows 10’s Store
- › 8 Places Windows XP Is Hiding in Windows 11
- › Command Lines: Why Do People Still Bother With Them?
- › What’s New in Windows 10’s November 2019 Update, Available Now
- › ChatGPT: How to Use the AI Chatbot for Free
- › The New ASUS Vivobook 13 OLED Looks Like a Microsoft Surface