Slack offers a built-in dark mode on iPhone, iPad, and Android. Here’s how to enable it with a few quick taps and use a darker interface. This can even save power if you have a phone with an OLED display.
To enable dark mode in Slack, tap the menu icon at the top right corner of the Slack app—it looks like three vertical dots. It’s in the same place on Slack for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
Tap “Settings” in the menu panel.
Tap the “Dark Mode” option here. On iPhone or iPad, tap the switch to the right of Dark Mode to quickly toggle it on or off.
On Android, scroll down to the General section and tap the “Dark Mode” option. Slack will prompt you to restart your Slack app to apply the change, for some reason.
To disable Dark Mode, return here and tap the same option.
Note that Slack synchronizes your normal Slack theme between your devices. That’s why your sidebar may not be dark—even in dark mode. Customize your Slack sidebar color and select a dark theme to get it darker.
Slack doesn’t yet offer a dark mode for its desktop applications—Windows, macOS, Linux, and the web application—but the company promises it’s working on one.
Like all dark modes, this isn’t for everyone—but we still love dark mode.
- › The Ultimate Guide to Enabling Dark Mode Everywhere
- › Slack for Desktop and Web Gets a Dark Mode—Here’s How to Enable It
- › Windows 11 vs. Chrome OS: Which Is Best For Android Apps?
- › Functions vs. Formulas in Microsoft Excel: What’s the Difference?
- › 5 Psychological Tricks in Free-To-Play Games (and How to Avoid Them)
- › Buying a Used Mac or MacBook? Check These Things Before You Buy
- › How to Find Your Spotify Wrapped 2021
- › What Is MIL-SPEC Drop Protection?