WhatsApp is a great way to stay in touch with your loved ones, but you don’t want to lose all the conversations when you change phones. It’s super easy to back up your messages right from WhatsApp. Here’s the skinny.
Start by opening WhatsApp, and then tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right.
Tap “Chat backup.”
Tap “Back up to Google Drive.” Select how often you’d like the chats backed up.
Tap your Google account.
Tap “Allow” on the Google Drive prompt.
Tap the green “BACK UP” button to back your chats up immediately. After that, your messages will back up on the schedule you set.
How To Restore Your WhatsApp Messages From Google Drive
When it comes time to set up your new phone, open WhatsApp. Enter your phone number to sign in.
Verify your phone number with an SMS message.
Select “Continue” to see the permission prompts for contacts and storage.
Tap the green “Restore” button.
WhatsApp will show the backup it finds, the total size, and the number of messages that will be restored. Tap the green”Next” button.
Continue setting up WhatsApp, and you’ll see your old messages. Then, pick up your conversations right where you left off!
- › How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android
- › How to Encrypt WhatsApp Chat Backups on iPhone
- › How to Make Your Facebook Account More Private
- › What Do “FR” and “FRFR” Mean?
- › 4 Ways to Ruin Your Smartphone’s Battery
- › This Is How Steve Jobs Killed Adobe Flash
- › What Can You Do With the USB Port on Your Router?
- › 10 Things Blocking Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home