Are you an experienced writer who has life skills you want to share with the world? We’re looking for general interest freelance writers for another publication, and we’d like to hear from you.
What We’re Looking For
We need smart, curious, detail-oriented writers who are comfortable researching and writing advice about various aspects of life in general. This is an ongoing freelance position, and we’re looking for writers who can start immediately.
In particular, we’re looking for experienced writers in the following areas:
- Cleaning & Organization
- DIY and Home Repair
- Parenting & School
- Personal Care
- Fitness & Health
- Time Management
And don’t worry if you don’t have experience in all those topics. Even if you can write about one or two of them, we want to hear from you.
All of our writers should have the following qualities:
- You must be able to write tips, how-to articles, and more detailed explainers that are clear, well-researched, and easy to understand.
- You must be creative and able to generate article ideas, take suggestions, and make topics interesting and exciting.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have your own computer.
- You must have solid English writing skills.
- You should have some basic screenshot and image editing chops. HTML skills are a plus.
- You must be able to write several articles per week on an ongoing basis.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject General Interest Writer and include the following in your email:
- Your name and location.
- Any previous experience you have writing and blogging on these topics.
- Whether or not you are currently employed and what you do if you are.
- A brief overview of the topics with which you’re familiar.
- Most Important: We need writing samples. If you have previous writing to showcase, include a link to it in your email. We are especially interested in samples that have not been professionally edited, so if you have your own blog be sure to let us know.
We don’t have normal office hours or even an office, so you can be located anywhere (including outside the US)—this is strictly a telecommuting job.
So what are you waiting for? Email us already!