Ever been copied into an irrelevant email thread that clutters up your inbox and causes alerts to come up for a conversation you couldn’t care less about? Here’s how to ignore that thread so that you never see it again.
Start by selecting any message from the thread. On the “Home” menu, click the “Ignore” button.
You can also right-click the message and select “Ignore” from the context menu, or open the mail and click Message > Ignore. Whichever method you choose, Outlook will show you a confirmation window.
Click “Ignore Conversation” to move all of the mails in the conversation to the Deleted Items folder. Any future messages in the conversation will also be transferred straight to the Deleted Items folder, without triggering new message alerts
And if you’d rather not outright delete all emails from the conversation, but still don’t want to be bothered with them when they come in, you can do that, too. Just set up a rule that marks those messages as read and moves them from your inbox to some other folder as soon as they come in.
- › What to Do If You Drop Your Smartphone in the Ocean
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage