I’m a huge fan of Spotify, but I recently encountered a really annoying—and apparently common—bug. No matter what playlist, artist, or album I was listening to (whether on my iPhone, Mac, or Sonos), Spotify would pause every song or two, and I’d have to tap Play for it to continue.
I tried clearing the cache, deleting and reinstalling Spotify, and pretty much everything else I could think of. I finally found the right solution, so if Spotify keeps pausing on you, here’s what to do.
This force signs you out of every instance of Spotify on all your devices.
Open Spotify on your smartphone or computer and sign in again.
Now, Spotify should behave normally. For whatever reason, logging out of everywhere at once forces it to reset something while doing it on a device-by-device basis does not.
- › Keychron Q8 Mechanical Keyboard Review: An Advanced Keyboard for All Uses
- › Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 Review: A Vegan Leather Laptop That Means Business
- › Shift+Enter Is a Secret Shortcut Everyone Should Know
- › It’s Okay to Skimp on These 10 Tech Products
- › 10 Awesome iPad Features You Should Be Using
- › 10 Hidden Android 13 Features You Might Have Missed