For the longest time, FaceTime has allowed no more than two users to video chat with each other, but with the release of Group FaceTime in iOS 12.1, you can video chat with up to 31 other people. Here’s how to do it.
RELATED: How to FaceTime on Your Apple TV
Anyone that you want to include in your Group FaceTime chat will need to have their device updated to at least iOS 12.1. Other than that, you’re good to go as far as requirements are concerned.
To start a Group FaceTime call, start by opening up the FaceTime app and then tapping the “+” button up in the top right corner of the screen.
Type in the contacts that you want to call and then tap “Video.” You can also select “Audio” if you just want to do a FaceTime audio call.
Wait for the recipients to pick up one at a time. You can begin chatting with anyone who has answered without having to wait for the rest of the group to join.
During the FaceTime call, tap on the “Effects” button to bring up various effects that you can add. If it’s hidden, tap near the bottom of the screen to pull up the buttons.
This lets you use Animoji, stickers, and add filters to your camera.
To get more options to appear, tap on the ellipses button.
This lets you mute your microphone or turn off your video, as well as flip to the rear-facing camera. You can also add more people to the call from this menu.
Anyone can leave the FaceTime call without it affecting the entire call. And if you call multiple people and one or two don’t pick up, that won’t quit the call either.
Essentially Group FaceTime is pretty similar to what FaceTime has always been, just with more people!
- › The Easiest Ways to Video Chat with Family on Mother’s Day
- › How to Use Memoji During a FaceTime Call on iPhone and iPad
- › The Best Zoom Alternatives for Video Chatting
- › Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy on the Eyes, Not the Fingertips
- › 4 Useless Tech Products You Shouldn’t Buy
- › The Best Budget Speakers of 2022
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements
- › What’s New in Chrome 102, Available Now