While the iPhone X, XS, and the XR no longer feature Apple’s iconic home button, they still have power buttons. Unfortunately, when it comes to turning off the device, the power button alone doesn’t cut it.
Usually, when you turn off an iPhone, you hold down the power button for a few seconds and then swipe on the screen to turn off the device. On the newer iPhones, though, holding down the power button activates Siri. So Apple had to get a bit creative during those times when you want to shut down your iPhone.
To turn off your iPhone X, XS, or XR, press and hold down on the power button and the volume up button at the same time.
From there, you’ll be able to “slide to power off” like normal. You can also enable access to your Medical ID if you have it set up, as well as bring up “Emergency SOS” from this screen, which will call 911.
Of course, this is a pretty simple thing to do, but for those who have just recently upgraded to the newest iPhones for the first time, figuring out how to turn off the device when the old way no longer works can be a bit frustrating.
- › How to Restart Your Island in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”
- › How to Click the Home Button with a Mouse on an iPad
- › You Can Relive the GameCube on a Modern TV, and It’s Amazing
- › 9 Ways to Quickly Make Money in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”
- › How Apple’s 2020 iPad Pro Compares to the 1994 Trackpad Mac