While the iPhone X, XS, and the XR no longer feature Apple’s iconic home button, they still have power buttons. Unfortunately, when it comes to turning off the device, the power button alone doesn’t cut it.
Usually, when you turn off an iPhone, you hold down the power button for a few seconds and then swipe on the screen to turn off the device. On the newer iPhones, though, holding down the power button activates Siri. So Apple had to get a bit creative during those times when you want to shut down your iPhone.
To turn off your iPhone X, XS, or XR, press and hold down on the power button and the volume up button at the same time.
From there, you’ll be able to “slide to power off” like normal. You can also enable access to your Medical ID if you have it set up, as well as bring up “Emergency SOS” from this screen, which will call 911.
Of course, this is a pretty simple thing to do, but for those who have just recently upgraded to the newest iPhones for the first time, figuring out how to turn off the device when the old way no longer works can be a bit frustrating.
- › How to Turn Off an Apple Watch
- › How to Force Quit Apps on an iPhone or iPad
- › How to Force Restart iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR
- › How to Close and Restart iPhone and iPad Apps
- › How to Set Up and Use an iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, or iPhone XS Max
- › How to Force Restart Any iPhone or iPad
- › NASA Is Gearing Up for Another Moon Mission
- › Why QtFM Could Become My Favorite Linux File Manager