Windows 10’s October 2018 Update features “suggestion” banners or tiles that appear throughout the Settings app. You can easily disable these if you don’t want to see them.
To disable these suggestions, head to Settings > Privacy > General. Click the switch under “Show me suggested content in the Settings app” to disable this feature.
If you want to re-enable the suggestions in the future, return here and re-enable the switch.
These suggestions sometimes, but not always, appear in the Settings app with recommendations for settings you might want to change. For example, we saw a banner suggesting enabling the Night Light feature so you can more easily read your screen at night.
Other suggestions here might highlight apps in the future. We just hope Microsoft doesn’t use these suggestions for advertising. Microsoft has used other “suggestion” features in Windows 10 to insert advertisements in the past. Windows 10 has too many built-in advertisements.
RELATED: How to Disable All of Windows 10's Built-in Advertising
- › Update Your PC Now to Fix Snipping Tool’s Security Flaw
- › Intel’s New Tiny PC Has a 13th Gen Core i7 CPU
- › How to Watch the 2023 Masters Tournament
- › Microsoft Teams Is Now Faster, With a Windows 11-Like Design
- › Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, & Apple Watch Get New Features Today
- › How to Sign Documents Online With SIGN.PLUS