If you want to add a second person to your iPhone’s Face ID recognition, iOS 12 now lets you do just that. Here’s how.
RELATED: How Secure Are Face ID and Touch ID?
Apple calls this feature adding an “alternate appearance,” so technically, it’s aimed at users who potentially wear various headgear for their job throughout the day, like safety equipment. However, you can use it to add another person to your iPhone’s Face ID repertoire.
To do this, start by opening up the Settings app.
Scroll down and select “Face ID & Passcode.”
Enter your passcode to continue.
Next, tap on “Set Up an Alternate Appearance.”
Tap on “Get Started” at the bottom.
The person you’re adding will go through the Face ID scan process like you do when you first set up your iPhone.
Once complete, hit “Done” at the bottom.
And that’s all there is to it! The second person you added will immediately be able to unlock your phone using their face. Of course, even without their face added to Face ID, they can also still enter in your passcode if they know it.
- › How to Unlock Your iPhone with Your Voice (and Why You Shouldn’t)
- › Can You Get Multiple User Accounts on an iPad?
- › Get a Samsung Galaxy S23, S23+, or S23 Ultra for up to 13% Off
- › How to Sign Documents Online With SIGN.PLUS
- › How to Watch the 2023 Masters Tournament
- › You Can’t Get PC or Xbox Game Pass for $1 Anymore
- › Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, & Apple Watch Get New Features Today
- › Update Your PC Now to Fix Snipping Tool’s Security Flaw