Windows Timeline extends the Task View mode to show you the history of activities performed on your PC—or even your other devices if you have syncing turned on. Sometimes, Microsoft sticks suggestions on your timeline for you. Here’s how to make them go away.
RELATED: What is Windows 10's Timeline, and How Do I Use It?
Suggestions occasionally appear on your Windows 10 Timeline. They can range from innocuous (“Get to know your timeline”) to more annoying things like ads. If you don’t want that stuff showing up in your timeline, it’s easy enough to disable. You can also disable Timeline completely if you don’t want it there at all, but here we’re going to take a look at how to keep Timeline and disable the suggestions.
Hit Windows+I to open your Settings app and then click the “System” category.
On the left side of the System page, select the “Multitasking” tab. On the right, under the “Timeline” section, turn off the “Show Suggestions Occasionally In Your Timeline” toggle.
That’s all there is to it. Suggestions should no longer appear in your timeline. If you want to start seeing suggestions again, go back and follow the same steps and re-enable them.
- › How to Install or Remove Optional Features in Windows 11
- › Razer Now Sells a Tempered Glass Mousepad
- › Get the M2 Apple Mac Mini With 512 GB Storage for $100 Off
- › How to Build a Fast Online Store With Nexcess Managed WooCommerce
- › Today Only: Save 63% On a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra With Trade-In
- › 8BitDo Controllers Now Work Better With iPhone and Mac