Audible is awesome. For $15 a month, you get your choice of any audiobook in the collection; for $23 a month, you get two books. But what happens if you download a book by accident or waste a credit on one that sounds like it’s being narrated by Gilbert Gottfried huffing helium? Well, the good news is that if you’re not happy for any reason, you can return your Audible purchases. Here’s how.
Audible’s Returns Policy
Like most of Amazon’s returns policies, Audible’s policy is incredibly liberal. There are a few things to bear in mind, though:
- You must be a member of Audible to return audiobooks.
- You must return the book within 365 days of purchasing it.
- You will be refunded in the same way you bought it; if you paid with a credit, you get a credit back.
- You can return a book even if you’ve listened to it.
Audible’s returns policy is designed so that you feel comfortable trying a random audiobook or different narrator. It’s not so that you can use a single credit to listen to ten books. If Amazon thinks you’re abusing the returns policy, you’ll be unable to return books, customer care will contact you, and your account may be suspended. We don’t have any hard numbers on how many returns you can make. But, if you’re regularly buying audiobooks, listening to them, and then returning them, Audible will notice.
How to Return Audible Books
Go to Audible’s web site and log in to your account. For some reason this only works on Audible’s desktop site, not in the mobile app.
Click your name at the top right of the page, and then click “Account Details” on the dropdown menu.
On your account page, click the “Purchase History” option.
You’ll see a list of all the audiobooks you’ve purchased. Click the “Return Title” button next to the title you want to return. If you’re unable to return a book for any reason, it will say “Not Eligible for Return”.
Select the reason you’re returning the book, and then click the “Return Title” button.
And just like that, the book’s returned.
If you bought the book with a credit, you will instantly be able to use that credit again. If you purchased the book some other way, it will take up to ten working days for the refund to go through.
- › How to Get Started With Audible and Audiobooks
- › How to Cancel Your Audible Subscription
- › Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, & Apple Watch Get New Features Today
- › Intel’s New Tiny PC Has a 13th Gen Core i7 CPU
- › Update Your PC Now to Fix Snipping Tool’s Security Flaw
- › SIMO Solis Lite Hotspot Review: Pocket-Sized Wi-Fi Wingman
- › How to Sign Documents Online With SIGN.PLUS
- › Microsoft Teams Is Now Faster, With a Windows 11-Like Design