I’ll admit it, I haven’t been using Windows for a while. So when I got a new Windows 10 PC and started using it, one of my first questions was “What is this annoying People icon and how do I remove it?” That’s what we’re going to disable today.
What Is the People Icon, Anyway?
The People icon lets you pin some contacts to your Taskbar so you can quickly chat with them via Skype or send them an email. Right now, it doesn’t integrate with apps you might actually want to use—like Facebook or Twitter or Whatsapp or…you get the point. Hopefully, you’ll be able to text from your PC at some point, but knowing Microsoft, they’ll make it a completely different application.
RELATED: How to Use "My People" on Windows 10's Taskbar
More savvy readers probably disable this thing the very second they installed Windows 10, and they haven’t thought twice about it since then. But it’s there, and it’s annoying, and, for now at least, it’s pretty pointless. Who needs it?
How to Disable, Delete, Remove, Uninstall, Hide, Kill, and Destroy the People Icon on the Windows 10 Taskbar
Pointless features annoy me. Luckily, it’s really easy to make this one go away. Just right-click on the Taskbar and uncheck the “Show People on the taskbar” option.
Wow that was easy. So easy, in fact, that you are probably asking yourself why I wrote this article. To which I’d respond: why are you reading this article?
Because this feature is pointless and I just wanted to complain about it. That’s why. And you wanted to read about me complaining about it. And that’s okay too.
- › How to Fix All of Windows 10’s Annoyances
- › It’s About Time: Microsoft Is Finally Killing My People
- › All the Useless Windows 10 Features Microsoft Should Remove
- › Don’t Downgrade From Windows 10 to Windows 8.1
- › Adobe Is Testing “Firefly” AI Image Generation
- › Someone Might Be Able to Un-Crop Your Windows Screenshots
- › Google Bard: How to Use Google’s AI Chatbot
- › You Can Now Join the Waitlist for Google’s “Bard” AI Chatbot