Duplicate files are often seen as a bad thing, but when it comes to photos and videos, that’s not always the case. Fortunately, duplication them is simple to do on iOS.
Especially when you’re editing, there are lots of reasons to create duplicate photos and videos. Maybe you want a before version for comparing changes or perhaps you need a slow motion version and a normal speed version of a video. Whatever the reason, here’s how to do it.
Open the Photos app, tap “Select” in the top right corner, and then tap the photos or videos you want to duplicate.
After selecting your images or videos, tap the “Share” icon in the bottom left, and then tap the “Duplicate” option.
This create a new, exact copy of the image or video ready for you to edit, crop, or share. The only downside is that it’s added as the most recent file to your Camera Roll, which makes organizing things a little more awkward.
- › How to Flip or Mirror Photos and Images on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Remove Contact Suggestions From the Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Rotate a Picture on iPhone and iPad
- › What Does “BB” Mean, and How Do I Use It?
- › 8 Cybersecurity Tips to Stay Protected in 2022
- › How to Speed Up a Slow iPhone
- › Do You Still Need a VPN for Public Wi-Fi?
- › No, iPhones Aren’t More Expensive Than Android Phones