Apple doesn’t really believe in detailed instruction manuals, so some handy tricks slip through the cracks. One such trick we’ve recently discovered is that you can move multiple app icons at once on iOS. Here’s how.
On the Home Screen, tap and hold an app icon until it starts to jiggle. Be careful not to press too firmly or you’ll activate 3D Touch.
Update: Starting with iOS 13, you must now long-press an app icon and tap “Rearrange Apps” or long-press and hold until the icons start jiggling around.
Next, tap and drag one icon to start moving it around the Home Screen.
To add another app, use another finger to tap its icon while you’re still holding down the first icon. Yes, you have to use two fingers at once! And you can keep adding icons to the stack the same way.
You can then drag the stack of apps to wherever you want on your Home Screen.
And when you drop the stack, the icons fan out in the order they appear in the stack.
- › You Can Now Try Microsoft Edge’s Real-Time Tab Sharing
- › Steam Is Saying Goodbye to Windows 7 and 8
- › How to Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone
- › Amazon’s “Sidewalk” Mesh Network Is Coming to More Devices
- › Apple Pay Later Is Here, but You Should Probably Stay Away
- › Lenovo Just Revealed New Yoga and Slim Windows Laptops