The latest version of system cleaning application CCleaner is out, with a lot of new changes under the hood like 64-bit support, cleaning HTML5 local storage, a drive wiper tool, and better support for Internet Explorer 9 and Google Chrome.
Just in case you haven’t read them, make sure to check out our guide to creating a shortcut to run CCleaner silently, and how to setup CCleaner to automatically clean your PC on a schedule.
What’s New in CCleaner 3
The first thing you’ll notice when you go to download the application is that they have a “Priority Support” option and the download button sends you to a page where you can buy it for $24.95—but it’s actually still available for free from their Builds page.
The next thing you’ll notice when you start it up is this dialog, which asks you if you’d like to intelligently scan for cookies to keep—a very useful feature so you don’t get logged out of your email clients when you run CCleaner.
Here’s the full change list for the curious:
- New CCleaner 64-bit native EXE.
- New UI graphics and icons.
- New internal scanning architecture.
- New Drive Wiper tool screen under Tools section.
- New Intelligent cookie keeping functionality.
- Improved support for IE9.
- Improved support for Google Chrome.
- Improved HTML5 Database Storage cleaning.
- Added support to clean Microsoft Silverlight Isolated Storage.
- Added support for AVG AntiVirus 10.0, Audacity, LogMeIn Hamachi, BitTorrent and Windows Game Explorer.
- Improved support for Vuze.
- Added new environment variables: %SystemDirectory%, %SystemDirectory32% and %SystemDirectory64%.
- Improved Registry backup to address problems when saving values.
- Improved cleaning Windows Log Files for 64-bit OSs.
- Many UI improvements and bug fixes.
You’ll notice the new icon is slightly different…
The application really looks the same otherwise, it’s just improved. Make sure to ignore any toolbar installation requests, or just grab the portable version.
Download CCleaner Slim and Portable versions
- › The 35 Best Tips and Tricks for Maintaining Your Windows PC
- › The Best Free Portable Apps for Your Flash Drive Toolkit
- › What Is a Discord Token, and How Do You Get One?
- › Tablet vs. eReader: Which Is Better for Ebooks?
- › Grab a 256GB Surface Laptop Go 2 for Just $550 Today
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web
- › Did Your Code Project Just Break? It Might Be GitHub’s Fault
- › The Framework Laptop 16 Has an Upgradeable GPU