At some point, everyone finds out that even a silent iPhone makes a lot of noise if vibration is turned on. The same motor that provides subtle vibration in your pocket is capable of giving Lars Ulrich a run for his money when your phone is left on a table.
Personally, I like my phone to be completely silent when I put it on silent. On the other hand, you might want your phone to vibrate when it’s on silent but not when it’s set to ring, or to never vibrate. Whatever way you want to set things up, here’s how to turn vibration off and on for an iPhone.
Go to Settings > Sounds and Haptics on an iPhone 7 or later. If you’re on an iPhone 6S or earlier, this menu will be Settings > Sounds instead.
Under Vibrate there are two toggles: Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent.
I’ve got Vibrate on Ring turned on and Vibrate on Silent turned off, but you should set them how you want your phone.
- › How to Disable the Lock Sound on an iPhone or iPad
- › How to Completely Disable All Vibrations on Your iPhone
- › Slash 30% Off Acronis’ Robust Backup and Cybersecurity Tool
- › Frustrated with Sluggish Windows Performance? Audit Your Startup Programs Now
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › Microsoft Teams Wants to Replace Your Group Chats
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER
- › Save a Cool $20 on Apple’s Latest AirPods Pro Headphones Now