By default, the volume buttons on the side change the “system volume”, which affects things like music and video playback. But the volume of your ringer volume, which controls the ringer and notifications, stays the same unless you change it from the settings.
If you want your volume buttons to control system volume and ringer volume, you can make them do so by tweaking one setting. Open your iPhone’s Settings app and tap on Sounds and Haptics.
Under Ringers and Alerts, toggle the switch that says Change With Buttons.
Now when you press the volume buttons, it will also change the volume of the ringer.
- › How to Adjust Siri’s Volume on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Fix Brightness on iPhone When Your Screen Is Too Dark
- › 7 PowerPoint Features You Should Use During Presentations
- › Google Pixel Watch Will Add Popular Apple Watch Feature
- › The Pixel 7 Now Has a Free Built-in VPN
- › Windows 10 Really Wants You to Upgrade Already
- › ChatGPT Is an Impressive AI Chatbot That Can’t Stop Lying