By default, the volume buttons on the side change the “system volume”, which affects things like music and video playback. But the volume of your ringer volume, which controls the ringer and notifications, stays the same unless you change it from the settings.
If you want your volume buttons to control system volume and ringer volume, you can make them do so by tweaking one setting. Open your iPhone’s Settings app and tap on Sounds and Haptics.
Under Ringers and Alerts, toggle the switch that says Change With Buttons.
Now when you press the volume buttons, it will also change the volume of the ringer.
- › How to Restart Your Island in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”
- › How to Click the Home Button with a Mouse on an iPad
- › You Can Relive the GameCube on a Modern TV, and It’s Amazing
- › 9 Ways to Quickly Make Money in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”
- › How Apple’s 2020 iPad Pro Compares to the 1994 Trackpad Mac