By default, the volume buttons on the side change the “system volume”, which affects things like music and video playback. But the volume of your ringer volume, which controls the ringer and notifications, stays the same unless you change it from the settings.
If you want your volume buttons to control system volume and ringer volume, you can make them do so by tweaking one setting. Open your iPhone’s Settings app and tap on Sounds and Haptics.
Under Ringers and Alerts, toggle the switch that says Change With Buttons.
Now when you press the volume buttons, it will also change the volume of the ringer.
- › How to Adjust Siri’s Volume on iPhone and iPad
- › Apple Pay Later Is Here, but You Should Probably Stay Away
- › Amazon’s “Sidewalk” Mesh Network Is Coming to More Devices
- › Lenovo Just Revealed New Yoga and Slim Windows Laptops
- › You Can Now Try Microsoft Edge’s Real-Time Tab Sharing
- › Steam Is Saying Goodbye to Windows 7 and 8
- › How to Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone