It was only a matter of time before people started cloning Windows Vista features and adding them into Windows XP. One of my favorite Vista features is the thumbnails that popup when you mouse over the taskbar. And now I can use them in XP as well.
The utility we’ll use is called Visual Tooltip, which is a hybrid dock / thumbnail applicaton. With a few tweaks to the settings, we can make it work just like Vista thumbnails.
Here’s what it looks like on my desktop… pretty sweet!
To make your thumbnails look the same as mine, just follow these couple of steps. Download and start the application, and open up the options from the tray icon.
Increase the size of the sliders to make the thumbnail bigger, and then uncheck the option for “Size proportional to the target window”.
Click on the Display tab, and then uncheck the “Show window title”
That’s all there is to it.
- › Get the Beryl/Ubuntu "Desktop Cube" Effect for Windows
- › 8BitDo Controllers Now Work Better With iPhone and Mac
- › How to Build a Fast Online Store With Nexcess Managed WooCommerce
- › Razer Now Sells a Tempered Glass Mousepad
- › Telegram’s New Update Will Help You Save Battery Life
- › Today Only: Save 63% On a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra With Trade-In
- › How to Install or Remove Optional Features in Windows 11