When you arm and disarm your Abode home security system, it delays it for 60 seconds by default, presumably to give you enough time to leave the house before the whole system is armed. Here’s how to change the delay time or disable it completely.
To do this, you’ll need to visit Abode’s web interface, as the app doesn’t support making these changes. Once you get to the web interface, log in using your Abode account credentials.
Once you’re logged in, click on “Account” in the left-hand sidebar.
Select “System Settings”.
There is a section called “Time Settings”. This is where you can change the delay.
There are four settings you can customize:
- Entry Delay for Away: When your system is armed and you enter your house, this is how much time you have to disarm your system before the alarm goes off.
- Exit Delay for Away: This is how much time you have to leave the house after you arm your system before it actually arms.
- Entry Delay for Home: Similar to “Entry Delay for Away”, but for when you’re home.
- Exit Delay for Home: Similar to “Exit Delay for Away”, but for when you’re home.
For each setting, you can either disable the delay completely or choose a delay time between 10 seconds and four minutes.
Personally, 30 seconds is a good delay time for the first two settings, and then completely disabling the bottom two would be ideal. However, play around with them to come up with delays that work well for you.
Below this section is the “Gateway Sound Settings” section, which includes customizations for volume and alarm duration. When a delay goes live, the main hub will beep, so this is where you can customize that.
Again, play around with these to find the ideal volume setting. Unfortunately, though, you can only select between Off, Low, and High. So there aren’t a whole lot options to choose from.
- › That’s No Moon, That’s an Ad
- › How to Change a Windows User Account Password From Command Prompt
- › How to Mirror or Flip Text in Microsoft Word
- › Google’s Pixel 7 Will Only Get Three Years of OS Updates
- › Hey Google, Longer Device Support Would Help the Earth Too
- › What Is “Watch Only” Mode on a Galaxy Watch? (and How to Use It)