You probably don’t do a lot of multitasking on your PlayStation 4, but sometimes you just need to flip back and forth between a pair of apps (or an app and a game). Fortunately, there’s a fast and easy way to do this.
Before we get into it, however, I want to point one thing out: you still can’t use this to jump between games. The PlayStation 4 (and Pro) will only allow one game at a time to run. Period. Sorry to all the ADHD gamers out there.
Alright! So this is a setting that’s actually already enabled by default, meaning you don’t have to do anything to use it.
Are you ready for this? With the two apps you want to switch between running as the most recent, just tap the PS button on the controller twice. Seriously, that’s it.
I’m ashamed to admit how long it took me to realize this feature even existed after having both the original PS4 and the Pro. Hopefully this will save you the same shame. That’s me looking out for you. But if you already knew…why didn’t you tell me? I thought we were friends.
- › How to Quickly Scroll Through Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Play Android 11’s Hidden Easter Egg Game
- › How to Move a Window to Another Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
- › How to Replicate the iOS 14 App Library on Android
- › What’s the Deal with Google Home and Nest? Is There a Difference?