Facebook page can reveal a lot about you to anyone who visits. If your posts are Public, everyone can see whatever you share. There are ways to lock down your Facebook account, like making it harder for people to find or changing the privacy on all your old posts. But if you want to double-check what people can see, you can view your Facebook profile as someone else.
Update: Facebook no longer allows you to view a page as a specific individual, but you can still use “View as Public” to see how your page looks to the general public.
Go to your Facebook page and click the three dots next to your cover photo.
Select “View As” from the popup menu.
You profile reloads to show you how it looks to the public—so, anyone who isn’t your friend. For me, it’s mainly my old profile pictures and cover photos.
You can also view your page as a specific person. At the top of the screen, click View As Specific Person and enter the name of the person you want to view your profile as.
This is really useful if you’re hiding Facebook posts from one specific person. This is what my page looks like to my boss, Whitson.
While you can’t edit or delete any posts while you’re viewing your page as someone else, it will give you a good idea whether there’s anything you need to sort out. Checking every once in a while to see how your profile looks to others is a great little privacy checkup.
- › How to Create the Perfect Facebook Cover Photo
- › ExpressVPN Review: An Easy-to-Use and Secure VPN for Most People
- › What Can You Do With the USB Port on Your Router?
- › 10 Things Blocking Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home
- › Why Do I See “FBI Surveillance Van” in My Wi-Fi List?
- › Here’s How Mozilla Thunderbird Is Making a Comeback in 2022
- › 4 Ways to Ruin Your Smartphone’s Battery