By default, when you post a photo to Instagram, it’s visible to every other user. If you add any hashtags to your photo, like say, #landscape or #selfie, anyone who searches for that hashtag will be able to find it.
While these defaults work if you’re a photographer or brand, some people might feel a bit too public, so let’s look at how to make your Instagram account private.
Make Your Account Private
Open Instagram and head to your profile page. In the top right corner, click the Settings icon.
This will bring you to the Settings screen. Down on the bottom, flip the “Private Account” toggle on.
Now only your Followers will be able to see your posts. You’ll also have to approve anyone new who wants to follow you.
Approving New Followers
When someone new tries to follow you, they’ll send a Follow Request. The next time you log in to the app, you’ll get a notification. Tap the heart icon to view it.
At the top of the Notifications screen, you’ll see your Follow Requests. Tap the area to view them. You can then Confirm or Delete them.
- › The Best AirTag Alternative for Android
- › How to Hear a Chime When Google Assistant Speakers Are Listening
- › Use Google to View 3D Pac-Man and Anime Characters on Your Phone
- › How to Show the Number of Unread Gmail Emails in Your Browser Tab
- › How to Turn off Start and End Workout Notifications on Apple Watch