There are many reasons you may want to remove a post from your Instagram account. Maybe it’s an old photo that doesn’t fit in with all the great photos you’ve been posting recently. Maybe a friend has asked you to remove it because they’re striking an unflattering pose, or maybe it just didn’t get enough likes. Whatever the reason, here’s how to do it.
RELATED: How to Take Better Instagram Photos
Open the photo you want to delete in the Instagram app and tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner. Note, you can only delete your own images.
Next, tap Delete and then confirm it by tapping Delete again.
And that’s it. The post will be deleted from your Instagram account.
While it is gone from your Instagram feed, it’s important to remember that once something is put online there’s a chance other people might have saved a copy. It’s very easy for people to take screenshots on their phones or use an app like Repost (iOS, Android) to share your original post on their feed. It’s best to avoid posting anything illegal or incriminating in the first place!
- › How to Hide Posts From Someone on Instagram
- › How to Delete a Pin on Pinterest
- › What Is a Discord Token, and How Do You Get One?
- › Grab a 256GB Surface Laptop Go 2 for Just $550 Today
- › Did Your Code Project Just Break? It Might Be GitHub’s Fault
- › Tablet vs. eReader: Which Is Better for Ebooks?
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web
- › The Framework Laptop 16 Has an Upgradeable GPU